Magic Ears - Online English Teaching Jobs Near Me
If you are a native English speaker who loves to teach children, Magic Ears is looking for you!
Magic Ears: Online English Teaching Platform
Magic Ears is an online education platform connecting students and teachers from across the world to provide high-quality learning. We offer a global classroom experience where teachers help young learners develop English language skills through fun and engaging resources.
Requirements To Become A Magic Ears Teacher
- You must be a resident of the US or Canada. We hire native speakers from these two countries to work as online ESL teachers.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Those who are pursuing a degree course can also apply.
- A teaching certification such as TEFL is highly recommended. Since you will be teaching English to non-native speakers, you must be qualified to lead lessons for young learners.
- A desktop or laptop with a high resolution webcam is required. You also need good-quality headsets as built-in speakers or microphones might hinder smooth communication with students .
- A quiet place to take classes. It can be your home or any preferred location. The classes must be conducted in an environment with no distraction and disturbance.
- A high speed internet with stable cable connection to ensure glitch-free lessons and a more engaging learning environment.
- The payment is done online by a US based company. You should be authorized to work in the US to legally accept the payment.
- Magic Ears Curriculum: Simple and Easy to Teach
- Magic Ears provides a pre-written curriculum that the teacher can use directly in the class. You don’t have to worry about what to teach next as the curriculum includes lesson plans that allow you to prepare for your classes in advance.
- As a Magic Ears teacher, you are expected to review each lesson beforehand. You can choose from a variety of teaching formats such as a game, movie, or a slide show. Make sure you arrange the required aids such as props or charts to help you with the teaching.
There are 4-5 students in a class on average. Each class is 30 minutes long. You must enter the class at least 2 minutes earlier and set up your aids. Check your equipment and internet connection for a smooth session.
Magic Ears Hiring Process - Get Ready To Apply?
Our hiring process doesn’t involve a traditional interview. Here are the basic steps to get hired:You need to fill an application form on Magic Ears website with correct information and qualification details. Submit your application online and wait for us to get back to you.You will be asked to fix a date for a demo session. We provide lesson slides that you have to use for the teaching session. You can give a live demo or send us a video of a pre-recorded session.The demo session is followed by two paid training sessions. You will learn about the company and our curriculum in detail. The session lasts for at least an hour. In the first session, you will be joined by two teachers and a trainer who will help you to understand how to use the platform.The second session involves just the trainer and you. This session is intended to prepare you for your first actual class with foreign students.The first class is your trial class. This is an important part of the hiring process as the trainers will assess you and give their feedback. This can be followed by a few more trial classes to help you get ready.Once you pass the trail classes stage, you are invited to sign a contract with Magic Ears. We will run a background check before formally hiring you to teach with us.As a certified member of the Magic Ears family, you can schedule your classes and start teaching!
Q1. What are the teaching hours at Magic Ears?
Since you will be teaching students in China, you are most likely teaching at odd hours. Depending on your location, your teaching hours will be scheduled according to the local time in China. Magic Ears offers three time slots for booking classes: Regular, Peak, and Special.
- Regular Hours (EST): Saturday and Sunday 10:30 pm to 6:00 am Monday – Friday 5:00 am to 6:00 am (PST) Saturday and Sunday 7:30 pm to 3:00 am Monday - Friday 2:00 am to 3:00 am.
- Peak Hours (EST): Saturday and Sunday are free days. 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. (PST) 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Special Hours (EST): Monday - Friday 9:00 pm to 4:30 am (PST) 6 pm to 1:30 am.
Q2. Are there any bonuses?
You can earn bonuses for punctuality, number of lessons during peak hours, performance, class management, etc. Magic Ears salary is competitive and a raise is given based on qualifications and teaching experience.
Q3. Do we have to interact with parents?
Your interaction as a teacher is limited to the students. You are supposed to assess the students and share your feedback with the Magic Ears team. We will interact with the parents and share their feedback.