Qkids is an English education platform where Chinese students can find native English teachers and improve their language skills through online tutoring sessions. We are looking for certified ESL teachers who can collaborate with us and educate young learners using our innovative and interactive curriculum.
Qkids ESL Teacher Requirements
- Must be a native speaker
- Must be from the USA/Canada
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- Must be legally allowed to work in the U.S.A/Canada
- Must have a teaching certificate (TEFL)
You must have a 120-hour TEFL certificate before the lessons are assigned. It is recommended that you complete the TEFL course from an accredited institute before applying. Contact our team for affordable and accredited course details.
Qkids Technical Requirements
- Must have a laptop or a desktop with a webcam
- A headset with microphone
- High speed internet connection
We have a patented game-based learning platform that allows students to learn language skills in a fun manner. Our curriculum is incorporated into the platform that you can view once they get hired and book classes. The course is preset and contains animated lesson slides and quizzes to facilitate teaching.
Qkids curriculum is self-sufficient so you don’t have to plan lessons. You simply need to review the lesson and familiarize yourself with the lessons. It is recommended that you keep relevant props and teaching aids to improve class quality.
Each class is 30 minutes long. You will teach with 1-4 students between 4-12 years in each class. Arrive 3 minutes early to the class and check your equipment. Use the given lesson slides and your teaching skills to deliver a fun and engaging lesson.
Say Yes To Freedom with Qkids!
- No minimum commitment: You can work for as many hours as you want.
- No location restriction: You can work from home or any other location with a stable internet facility.
- No teaching experience required: You can be new to teaching and still get hired if you have a bachelor’s degree and a teaching certificate.
- No lesson planning required: Our curriculum is preset so you are not burdened with lesson planning.
- No homework correction: Record your students' remarks at the end of every class that will help in evaluating their performance.
- No direct communication with parents: Qkids team will communicate with the parents and share feedback regularly.
Qkids Application Process
The entire process, from application to hiring, takes less than two weeks, depending on your teaching skills and experience.
- Submit an application on our website: Send us your resume, available hours, computer specifications, and a short video (1-2min. long). Start with describing your background, education, past teaching experience and then tell or read a children’s story.
- Initial screening: Our team will screen your application and contact you within 3 business days if you pass the screening stage.
- The Demo Interview: A demo interview is scheduled to assess your teaching skills and knowledge. The interview is conducted in 2 parts:
- Demo Interview 1: You will be asked to showcase your technical knowledge about our platform (i.e. use of tools, buttons, picture and audio features etc.) Then, you will be asked a few questions regarding class interaction and teaching.
- Demo Interview 2: This involves a full 25 minutes Q&A session where we will assess your personality and teaching skills.
- Trial classes: You will take 2 - 5 mock lessons with actual students and their parents will share feedback on your performance.
- Background Check: To match our students with the best teachers, we carry out a thorough verification of the information provided by you.
- Contract: Once you clear the background check stage, you will be invited to sign a 6-month contract with Qkids. You can now book classes and start teaching.
Q1. How and when will I be paid?
You will be paid via bank transfer to your U.S. or Canada bank accounts no later than the 15th of each month. We will cover the transfer fee. In case of any Chinese national holidays, the pay date will be extended to next week.
Q2. Do I get paid for the trial classes?
Yes, we will pay the regular base rate per trial lesson.
Q3. Will I teach the same students in every class?
You may or may not see the same students in every class although we try as much as we can to match you with the same students.
Q4. Do I pay my own taxes?
Yes. Qkids hires teachers as independent contractors so you are liable to pay your own taxes according to the state and country laws as well as individual tax jurisdictions.