What do QKids do?
Qkids is an organization that aims at providing English education to all children and focuses on catering to students between the age group of 4 and 12. A great opportunity for teachers to teach English online right from the comfort of their homes. You can be an ESL teacher and earn great pay including bonuses and other benefits. As the times and work culture is changing, ‘Work from home has become the new trend. Qkids encourage teachers to use innovative ideas and games to teach the students. You can be the change you are looking for in this new era of education.
Their Main Focus
- To provide the maximum benefits to the students by incorporating creative and innovative ways of teaching.
- To provide great and supportive online work opportunities to teachers leading to a successful career
All you need to have!
- You must be an American or a Canadian native English speaker.
- You must have a teaching license
- You must have an English teaching Certification (TESOL/ TEFL)
- You must have at least 2 years of teaching experience
- You need to give at least 6hours/week work commitment
- You must hold a bachelor's degree or pursue one at the time you apply for the job
- You must have a high-speed internet connection is a must
- You must have a laptop or a desktop with a webcam
- You must have a headset with a microphone
- You must be 18+ years of age or more
- You can start with your online application process by sending your application and updated resume and an attachment of your current degrees
- The first demo session will be the next step wherein you will be judged on some parameters like your teaching style, personality, checking your technical adequacy that includes your setup and internet connection.
- The second demo session will be a 30-minutes mock class for which you have to prepare as you will be provided the material on a prior basis.
- Next in line will be the trial classes that will range between 2 and 5 where you will be judged based on the feedback received by the parents.
- Finally, you will be given the contract to be a certified teacher at Qkids
- AND, you are ready to join as an ESL teacher at Qkids.
Earn a handsome pay
As a Qkids ESL teacher, you are offered an independent contract. You will get a base pay of $8 for each class that makes $16 for an hour.
Ready for More!!!
Performance bonus and Attendance bonus can also take your pay to greater heights. Performance bonus is given after the review of teachers is done and-
- Their performance has been incredible
- Have taken at least 15 classes in a week
Qkids also offers other bonuses randomly throughout the course of the year like recruiting new teachers or teaching more classes.
How do Qkids pay?
Qkids pay through online transfer directly into the bank of the teachers on the 15th of every month. It may get delayed if some holiday falls in between.
Ques. What is the Qkids class schedule and peak hours?
The classes at Qkids run for 7 days a week: 6:40-7:10pm, 7:20-7:50pm, 8:00-8:30pm, 8:40-9:10pm
For Friday and Saturday- 8:40-9:10pm, 9:20-9:50pm, 10:00-10:30pm, 10:40-11:10pm, 11:20-11:50pm. (Beijing time)
Qkids Peak hours
The peak hours at Qkids are from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on weekdays and 10:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on weekends (Beijing Time )
Ques. How many students attend the class?
The average number of students who attend the class is four. The class will last for half an hour.
Ques. In what currency will I be paid if I belong to Canada?
Even if you belong to Canada you will be paid in American dollars and not in Canadian dollars.
Ques. What do I need to start the job at Qkids?
You need to have:
- A computer or a laptop with a webcam
- A headset with a mic
- An internet connection with a minimum upload speed of 2Mbps and a minimum download speed of 4 Mbps.
Ques. When can we expect a call from Qkids after applying?
In case your application is accepted and you pass the primary stage then you will be contacted within 3 working days.