Driving with Lyft means you get guaranteed earnings, new benefits, and the flexibility to drive when and where you want.
Apply to drive with Lyft and start earning on your terms.
What is Lyft?
Lyft is a platform that connects drivers with individuals and organizations that need rides.
- Be Your Boss: Drive when and where you want - and take breaks that work best for you
- Get Benefits: Starting Jan. 1, 2021, you can qualify for a healthcare subsidy when you average at least 15 hours of booked time per week.
- Guaranteed Earnings: Earn at least 120% of the minimum wage, including 30 per mile based on your booked time.
- You’re 25 years or older
- You have a driver's license
- You have a license plate
- You consent to driver screening and background check
- You have an iPhone or Android smartphone
- 2001 or newer (car year may vary in some regions)
- 4 doors 5-8 seats, including the driver’s license plate
- Don’t have a car? Rent one through our Express Drive program, with standard insurance included. Available in select cities
- Vehicle insurance
- Driver profile photo
- Proof of vehicle inspection performed by a C-BAR certified mechanic (well show you options in the Lyft app when you apply)
Starting Jan. 1, 2021, drivers with an average of at least 15 hours per week of booked time in a calendar quarter can begin qualifying for a quarterly healthcare subsidy.
Drivers must submit proof of current enrollment in a qualifying health plan in the Lyft Driver app within 15 days after the end of the calendar quarter to receive the healthcare subsidy.
Lyft is a great opportunity for those looking for part-time work, hourly work, contract, commission, flexible side gigs, freelancer/freelancing, work from home/WFH, night shift, and graveyard shift opportunities. No professional driver/driving experience is needed and we encourage entry-level and veteran applicants to consider driving with Lyft.
Government-issued driver's license required. Organized drivers often see the most success, so put your administrative assistant/receptionist skills to use while planning your schedule. Customer service/sales are at the heart of the driver-rider relationship. If you have previous job experience as a limo driver, taxi, bus driver, courier, or in hospitality/hotels, Lyft is an excellent opportunity to make great money working when you want. Drive in the morning, evening, night, weekends! Lyft welcomes applicants year-round - summer, winter, fall, spring, holiday work seekers. Apply online today.
1)How does the Lyft company cover its drivers if they have an accident?
- We are available 24/7. If you are in an accident, pull over to a safe spot. If you discover a problem, let our support team know - they are available whenever you need them. You can do so through the Help tab in your application.
- The Accelerate program gives discounts on Allstate's top-tier roadside services. It includes fuel delivery, tire changes, towing, and lockouts.
- The company got a Lyft driver covered with their vehicle insurance. From the second, you put your phone in driver mode until you drop off the last traveler of the day.
2)How do driver ratings work in the Lyft app?
- At the end of each trip, the Lyft driver and passenger can rate each other from 1 to 5.
- An average of your last 100 ratings will equal a Lyft driver rating (4.8 or higher is amazing!)
- Lyft app eliminates low ratings caused by things you cannot handle (like traffic).
- Even if you don't get rated by your passengers, you will still get five stars.
3)How does the Lyft driver registration process work?
- The first step is to sign up on the Lyft app and select the city you wish to drive in. Lyft company will ask you for your vehicle data after agreeing to its terms of administration.
- You will have the option to choose Lyft Express Drive and rent a vehicle to drive. You will then need to enter all your data, like your home address, license, and identification.
- You must agree to a background check when joining. This background check allows Lyft to examine both driving and criminal history.
- According to your driving records, Lyft will determine your level of driving. They are not looking for drivers with various insurance claims or traffic violations. The drivers who will be a part of Lyft jobs must be capable and secure.
- After you've completed the individual verification, the final step is your vehicle evaluation. A mechanic will inspect your car for safety and wear and tear.
- In most cases, the Lyft company will approve you within 1-5 business days. You will then receive a welcome package and be able to start driving. It is a great opportunity, so apply now.
4)What makes you ineligible for Lyft jobs?
Any candidate with the following points is not eligible for Lyft jobs:
- Four or more moving violations in the past three years (accidents, violations of traffic signals)
- A conviction involving a vehicle within the last seven years (a crime involving a vehicle, hit-and-run, etc.)
5)How long does the background check process take for Lyft jobs?
For an individual verification to go through the complete procedure, it takes from 2 to 4 days. The Lyft company states that the absence of electronic records at the country level can delay the process. But it will not take much time. Apply now.
6)What are the tips for a Lyft driver to connect with passengers?
- Make sure you keep up with your passengers' energy.
- It's always polite to say hi in a straightforward manner.
- Talk with them if they are feeling chatty. As well, if your passenger is using their phone and keeping silent, that's fine.
- The sound of music can enhance a calm driving experience.