No passengers. No bosses. Just you, your tunes, and the road.
Sign up now and start making money!
Choose your wheels and deliver food and other items from local merchants to hungry customers.
- Be your own boss. Work when you want, wherever you want
- Work in the morning, at night, or any time in between
- Use any car, bike, scooter, motorcycle, or moped to deliver Start today and be your own boss.
- Get on the road today.
Car, Motorcycle, and Moped Requirements
- iPhone or Android smartphone
- Valid Driver's License and insurance 18+ years of age
- 1+ years of driving experience
- iPhone or Android smartphone
- 18+ years of age
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with local businesses. Customers order meals and other items from their favorite local merchants and Dashers deliver them directly to their doors. Dashers are third-party contractors who deliver for merchants to customers. Dashers are paid on a per delivery basis, not per hour.
1) What are the requirements of a DoorDash Driver?
- Delivery drivers must age 18 years or above.
- The driver uses a personal vehicle to make deliveries. You can deliver the orders using a car, scooter, or bike.
- A state-issued valid driver’s license.
- Drivers must present valid vehicle insurance along with vehicle registration.
- DoorDash delivery drivers make deliveries using the Dasher app, so you must own a smartphone with an updated software version.
- You must complete the orientation program for the driver or can request an activation kit.
2) Where can I deliver with DoorDash?
DoorDash is a food-tech company that is currently operating in various parts of the United States and Canada. The firm provides food delivery in many cities. As you log in to the Dasher app, you can choose the area where you would like to deliver. Delivery drivers can deliver in their neighborhood or to places with high demands. Before choosing the area, you must check the driving requirements also for a smooth process.
3) How many hours do I have to work as a delivery driver?
DoorDash offers a flexible scheduling option to the drivers. The firm has also started a scheduling system so that dashers can reserve their shifts. Shifts vary from an hour or two to even full days.
The firm releases new shifts every day at midnight. Dashers have to log in within 30 minutes of their shift timing otherwise DoorDash cancels their shift. You can also get ‘Early Access Scheduling’ if you have top ratings as a delivery driver. When demand is high, you can use the ‘Dash Now’ option too. For this, you do not need prior scheduling.
Dashers who maintain their ratings get various benefits from DoorDash.
4) How does the pay mechanism work for DoorDash drivers?
DoorDash pays you for every order you complete. The corporation uses the following formula while paying the driver:
- Total Earnings = Base Pay + Promotions + Tips
- Base pay is a total of ‘Time, Distance, and Desirability’. Promotions and tips will depend on the area you work in.
- Estimated payment of the orders is shown in the DoorDash app before drivers accept them. Sometimes tips are not included in the order at the time of the estimated payout. Delivery drivers are suggested to drive more if they wish to earn more.
5) What are the vehicle requirements of DoorDash?
- Delivery drivers must be 18 years old or above.
- Have a clean driving record.
- Drivers can use any car they like to make deliveries.
- Depending on the market size, drivers can also use motorcycles or bikes as a mode of transportation.
- You can also deliver the orders by foot if it’s allowed in your area.
6) What kind of background check does the firm run?
- DoorDash runs a background check with the help of a third party.
- Background check is important to ensure the safety of the community and the workers as well.
- The background check includes a motor vehicle report (if applicants are using a motor vehicle) and a criminal history report.
- If your reports are not clear or have a severe incident record, you might get disqualified from the platform.
- The background check may take some days. Applicants can check their status in the ‘Checker Portal’.
7) How to become a DoorDash delivery driver?
- Go to the official site of DoorDash and search ‘Job Openings Near me’.
- Fill the application form.
- Fill in all your details such as name or contact.
- Choose your mode of transportation and fill it in the form.
- Submit your application, attached with the driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and vehicle registration.
- Give your consent for the background check.
- After this, DoorDash would contact you to confirm your hiring status. You are ready to earn as a DoorDash delivery driver!