An online teaching platform that aims to provide education and make the kids proficient in the English language with the assistance of a bunch of the best English Teachers- experienced or non-experienced. Magic Ears make English teaching fun with the help of pre-made lesson plans that include videos, slideshows, and even games. The use of technology plays an important role in promoting learning, and provide high-quality education for children from numerous backgrounds. Values focus on having a strong passion for education. Experience teaching like never before with Magic Ears.
Requirements to be a Magic Ears Teacher
- Teachers from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa with a strong hold on English
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree presently
- 120-hour ESL Certification is required
- High-speed internet connection with good hardware like laptop or desktop
But how and where to start?
The Interview process at Magic Ears
- You may start with the process of submitting an online application process that would not take more than 2 minutes.
- In the next step you can choose between a Live interview demo or a recorded interview demo of 3-5 minutes. You will be judged in the same manner whether you opt for a live or recorded demo.
- Once you qualify that the next step is to watch the training videos shared by Magic Ears before going for a trial demo that would involve another trainer from Magic Ears to act as your student during the demo.
- Once you are through with the above steps, a background check is done by magic Ears and now you are now eligible for a contract from magic Ears.
Magic Ears classes and Working hours
- Classes are booked for you by Magic which means that you won’t have to market yourself to the parents of the students.
- You can have new as well as previous students in the classes.
- From Monday to Friday Classes are expected to run between 5 pm and 9 pm according to Beijing Time.
- On the weekends be prepared to get busy between 9 am and 11:30 am and then again from 5 pm to 9 pm according to Beijing Time.
- Experience freedom and flexibility with no minimum working hours’ commitment.
Magic Ears Peak Hours
Looking at the convenience of the teachers and considering the fact where you live, Magic Ears offers three categories in work: Special, Peak, and Regular.
- Regular business hours (EST): Weekends of Saturday and Sunday 10:30 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Monday through Friday 5:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. (PST) Saturday and Sunday, from 7:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Monday through Friday from 2:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- Peak Hours (EST): Saturday and Sunday, from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (PST) Saturday and Sunday, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Special hours (EST): Monday through Friday, 9:00 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. (PST), and 6 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. (EST).
Pay and Bonuses
As a Magic Ears instructor, you will be considered an independent contractor. You are entitled to great perks as a Magic Ears Teacher that totally depends upon your capabilities and experience. You can earn up to $10 per class as the base pay. It is important to consider that you are accountable for your own state and federal taxes as per law.
A great bonus is on your way with Magic ears if you are performing extremely well as after 3 months a review of teachers is done by Magic Ears itself as a part of the performance bonus. Moreover, you can add a participation bonus to your kitty by taking 60+ classes at peak time slots every month and if you arriving 3-10 minutes earlier to your class then also you are entitled to a participation bonus.
The payment at magic Ears is given through PayPal or placed directly into your online bank account on the tenth day of each month as per your preference.
1. What other benefits do Magic Ears offer apart from pay and bonuses?
The Magic Ears offers many benefits that include:
- No commitment of minimal weekly hours
- No Parents-teacher’s meetings or interactions
- No need to prepare the Course curriculum
- Outstanding and interactive classes with the help of pre-made lesson plans that would include slideshows, movies, games
2. What things to focus on while preparing for the interview?
Few things to focus on while preparing for the interview are:
- It always gives you an upper hand if you are full of energy and friendly
- Come prepared with more than two props for the demo, though Magic Ears ask you to prepare with only two
- Record your sessions in a bright room that is full of light so that your video is properly visible
- Avoid using hesitations like ‘umm’ or ‘err’ during the interview