Earn per hour driving with Lyft. Lyft is a platform that connects drivers with individuals and organizations that need rides. Driving with Lyft is the perfect way to earn great money on any schedule (part-time, full-time, seasonal, hourly, or temporary), and Lyft Drivers can cash out instantly with Express Pay. So apply now!
- Boost Your Income: You get paid for the time and distance of a trip, plus tips and bonuses.
- Be Your Own Boss: Set your own schedule and keep control over when you drive and earn.
- Support the Community: Lyft drivers are essential to our neighborhoods, communities, and cities. When you give rides, you are playing a vital role.
- You're at least 25 years old
- You own an iPhone or Android smartphone
- You have a clean driving record and auto insurance
- You have a 4-door from 2004 or newer
Car year may vary by region
Does not apply if you are renting a car through the Express Drive program
Health and Safety During COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Lyft has updated health safety guidelines to help keep drivers and passengers safe. Under the new guidelines, drivers and passengers must stay home if they have COVID-19 or related symptoms, wear a face covering, keep the front seat empty, and roll windows down when possible.
Drivers or passengers who repeatedly violate these new guidelines will be suspended. If a driver ever has a health safety concern, like someone not wearing a face covering, they can cancel the ride without incurring a fee.
Lyft is a great opportunity for those looking for part-time work, hourly work, contract, commission, flexible side gigs, freelancer/freelancing, and work-from-home opportunities. No professional driver/driving experience is needed, and we encourage entry-level and veteran applicants to consider driving with Lyft.
Organized drivers often see the most success, so put your administrative assistant/receptionist skills to use while planning your own schedule. Customer service/sales are at the heart of the driver-rider relationship.
If you have previous job experience as a limo driver, taxi, bus driver, courier, or in hospitality/hotels, Lyft is an excellent opportunity to make great money working when you want. Drive in the morning, evening, night, weekends! Apply online today.
1. How does a Lyft driver use an app to take bookings?
- Drivers at Lyft need to open the Lyft app and switch the mode to online. Turning it on will allow the driver to start receiving ride requests from customers.
- Depending on the location of their driving jobs, drivers start receiving ride requests.
- Once received, one who has become a Lyft driver needs to review the request and then, depending on their feasibility, can either accept or decline the request.
- If accepted, drivers can use the in-app navigation system and GPS location to pick up and drop off users wherever they would like to go.
2. How to apply as a Lyft driver?
- Firstly, the driver needs to log in to the Lyft website or download the Lyft app and click on ‘Become a Driver’.
- This will lead candidates to the driving jobs application form, which will require their name, email address, and contact information to be filled in and upload the documents regarding their vehicle.
- If a candidate, who wants to become a Lyft driver, rents a car, he needs to provide the necessary information.
- Finally, candidates need to consent to a quick background check, and soon they will be notified by Lyft for further details before activating a Lyft driver account.
3. How long does the application process for driving jobs at Lyft take?
- The initial process of filling up the form and uploading documents in the Lyft app takes approximately thirty minutes.
- After that, the firm notifies the candidate to set up an appointment for vehicle inspection and approval to become a Lyft driver.
- Candidates also need to wait until their background check clears, which should take a maximum of a week, depending on the driver’s area.
- Once everything sorts out, candidates can soon start earning well at a great temporary work gig as a Lyft driver.
4. How do you make earnings with driving jobs at Lyft?
- Every ride which is accepted and completed by the drivers makes them earn fees.
- This fee depends on many factors, like the time spent driving where a Lyft driver gets paid for each minute of the drive and the driver starts the time once the passenger is in the car.
- Total distance driven in driving jobs because the driver earns on every mile.
- Once you become a Lyft driver, 100% of all the tips belong to you.
- And of course, the bonuses and promotional challenges are also given by Lyft.
5. How is a Lyft driver paid?
There are three different ways Lyft deposits earnings to drivers. With driving jobs at Lyft, drivers can choose whichever payment method they prefer in the Lyft app.
- One is Express Pay, where drivers have their daily earnings directly deposited into their bank account as quickly as possible by the end of the day. This option demands a small fee from a Lyft driver.
- The second option is the Lyft Direct Pay feature. Driving jobs at Lyft allow you to receive a trip fee immediately after the trip is over.
- The third option when you become a Lyft driver is that you can choose to have your weekly earnings transferred to your account every Tuesday.
6. Is Lyft safe?
Lyft is committed to driver and passenger safety.
- 24/7 support is available: A Lyft driver can easily contact the support team for reliable, around-the-clock help by phone or email with any issues on and off the road.
- Emergency assistance: The driver can always contact 911 directly from the Lyft app.
- Insurance: From the moment you switch into driving jobs until the driver drops off the last passenger of the day, car insurance has the driver’s back.
7. What are the duties of a Lyft driver?
When you become a Lyft driver, you have to carry passengers to their destination, ensuring their safety. The primary responsibilities of the driver are attending phone calls, responding to passengers in a friendly manner, picking up passengers from the location shown in the Lyft app, and dropping them safely promptly.